Question: With so many yoga studios around and classes just about any time you want, why bother with Private Yoga Instruction at all?
Answer: Yoga classes are a great way to form a community of like-minded spiritual warriors like yourself but there are more than a few reasons why private lessons might be a better fit for you right now.
1. Yoga was originally taught from one teacher to one student. Yoga can be a deeply healing and personal process. Past issues may arise in the practice of Yoga and the trust that is built between student and teacher in a private setting is essential to accepting and moving through to a new level of understanding.
2. We all have different bodies and different stories that brought us to where we are today and to properly learn Yoga we must address it as a personal process. A private teacher will help you both verbally and physically approach each Asana properly and safely.
3. Proper form is essential for injury prevention. There are too many students in a class for one teacher to check everyone's down dog and keep the class to an hour in length. It is also very important to learn each Asana correctly and learn modifications so the practice can develop over time without creating issues that will need to be addressed down the road.
4. The history and philosophy of yoga is fundamental to going deeper into your practice. If you're committed to educating yourself outside of class, then great! But for the rest of us, private lessons can help us go deeper into the understanding of yoga and uncover our own truths along the way.
5. There is no replacement for the care and attention of private instruction. You are taking a great step toward lasting health and happiness by beginning a Yoga practice, do it the right way by engaging a Private Yoga Instructor for at least a few sessions to get you going in the right direction.
Yoga changes us when we seek the change. Be well. Be happy. Be free.